Tuesday 21 March 2017

Greenland - Eat, Paddle, Sleep, Climb 2017

Back in 2008 Olly first invited me to Greenland but at the time it was my first real season with Coastal Spirit, so I said no!

When discussing the possibility of a trip in the summer of 2017, I was really keen to be part of it.  That possibility has now become a reality with funding from the Artic Club and supported by Gino Watkins Memorial Fund; A & J Simpson Award.  Many thanks for this!

The plan is to be self contained and journey in sea kayaks going North of Upernivik (on the North West coast) to explore the numerous potentials for climbing on the many islands in this area. The main objectives will be climbing alpine style roures we come across, accessed in a low impact approach from sea kayaks.  

We will have 28 days in total.  This will allow us to travel to the area, and probably 24 days  in Greenland.  We will need to pack our sea kayak with all of our food, camping kit, paddling and rock climbing gear for the whole time.


Im really looking forward to my 
first time in Greenland and my second time above the Artic 
circle.  I'll aim to keep you all updated with progress.



I would also like to thank Tent Meals  for their support towards our expedition, with great tasting, natural high energy breakfasts and evening meals.  

Photo taken by Olly Sanders
Photo taken by Olly Sanders

Photo taken by Olly Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment