Monday 7 July 2014

Magic moments ... with stacks of fun

I was due to meet up with a client at the end of the day on Holy Island, to talk through a plan for the next two days.  It was mainly my day off and I was ahead of the game by mid morning and the forecast was just so good.  Enough swell, a very light wind and a neap tide, plus some sunshine....  pretty perfect ...

Catching time for me in July is a rare thing, so 2 hours plus,  at Penrhyn Mawr was magic ... a couple of Gannets cruised on by, checking me out and the big old seal kept an eye on me.  I arrived just before the main push, which allowed me to settle into the lift and fall of the swell, and the speed of the current.  The light was great .... it was fairly regular and then an occasional ofset chunky swell forced its way through ...





I'm a big believer in time for self and keeping a balance, with out and input ... today was all about input and sharpening the saw .. ;)





It was great to be able to respond to the moment.  I got back to Porth Dafach early evening and the guys Im working with were just getting off the water.  Fantastic ...



Roger

north wales sea kayaking
+
rough water paddling




3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant way to refresh yourself, better than flying, and safer! How did you manage those shots, what camera and how do you attach it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... a few years of practice (and probably 2 past capsizes!!) .. its the cheapest Pentax wg-10 (my past one last for 2.5 years and it gets a lot of use). Its on a 1ft long cord which i clip to the shoulder of my PDF. Roger

    ReplyDelete